Sunday, May 20, 2007

YouTube

It can be addictive looking at the different videos available. Again, I can't believe what people manage to come up with and how they find time for it, but then we all have our own "hobbies" I guess. With the increased quality of video and ability to put it online quite easily, I can see this as being the new way for families to exchange photos with one another.

In terms of library use, I can see this as being a way to link video "announcements" to our library website. Perhaps we could have brief previews of upcoming concert performers, and like the Dewey & Sketch shows, we could have a weekly link on our Kid's Page with a live reading or telling of a story. Kids could just click on the link to hear a new story every week. I can see having teens making video "commercials" for good books they read (if we can get around the Internet safety/liability issue). There could be video clips of librarians doing booktalks or children's librarians demonstrating how to incorporate early literacy skills into story times. Maybe not all of these ideas are desirable, but it seems that there could be many ways of using this technology.

No comments: