Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Library 2.0

Wow! I find it mind-boggling to try to think about all the changes that technology has brought to ideas about libraries and librarians both in the present and in the future. As a children's librarian, much of my time is spent dealing with people and the materials that I use to work with people. I simply do not have the time (nor, I confess, the inclination) to get caught up in the exciting world of technology advances. Yet I can see that all of this is important and someone needs to be doing this stuff. It seems to me that we need all kinds of people - the techies and the innovators who can keep us on the cutting edge as well as those of us who still specialize in the face-to-face human interactions. We can and must keep learning from each other.

No comments: