Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Thoughts on Social Networking
I have to admit that this is all rather new and confusing to me. Just keeping up with "correspondence" on email is more than I can handle usually. Having read some of the arguments for and against having libraries involved with sites such as MySpace, I can see both sides. On the one hand, it seems like a good idea to have a presence where the patrons are "hanging out" so that libraries can communicate news and information to patrons who would use those sites. On the other hand, being a more conservative type, I would want to consider some of the possible implications of getting involved in sites in which there would be links or posts that are disturbing or inappropriate. But then, maybe I'm not really understanding how all this works. I'm in the "old dog" generation which is open to but not necessarily excited about learning all the new "tricks."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment