In library school I took a very interesting course on classification called "The Organization and Representation of Knowledge and Information," and I was reminded of that when I learned about "tagging" and Del.icio.us. If we are ever going to retrieve information that is important to us (and at my age it doesn't stay in my memory!), we need some way to classify and organize it. I can see how this tool/site might be a good way to save bookmarks, especially in the library where we find a good web site that is helpful for answering a reference question and want to save it for future use. This tool could make those sites accessible even though you are not at the same computer where you originally "saved" it as a favorite.
As far as making shared lists for collaboration on research projects, I don't see myself using this in the near future, but I can see it as something to suggest to people who are doing group projects. I liked the idea of the cookbook, and I can also see this as a useful thing for children's librarians who could build a shared list of good sites that have ideas and patterns that would help in planning story times.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment